Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shabbat Shalom!

I'm leaving for Jerusalem tomorrow!

Taking a bus (it's about 2 hours for the express bus, and 3 for the regular that makes stops...) and am staying in the heritage hostel in the Jewish Quarter in the old city.  I'm staying there for the nights of the 25th and the 26th.  I've heard GREAT things about this hostel, and cannot wait! 

There are not a lot of updates at the moment other than that I had a WONDERFUL Shabbat with my friends Josh, Ari and Gabi.  We all went to services, then to a family who hosted us (GREAT food!!!) and then we all came back to my dorm.  Pulled a couple matresses out into the living room, and we all crashed in my living room after hanging out all night. 

In the morning, I was the first one up and let the other three hang out in my dorm all day when I went and spent a nice quiet Shabbat at the beach by myself with my music, a good book, and the beautiful ocean.  Now that it's cooling down a little, the beach wasn't nearly as full today as it usually is on Shabbat, so that was nice!  I was there for over 6 hours, and I must say, I AM BAKED!!!  No need to lay out for quite a while...

I had some more fun with photography at the beach today, so here you go!  Also, not sure I'm going to be able to blog until after I get back from Jerusalem, so...
If you don't hear from me until then, rest assured that I am safe and enjoying myself :)

TTFN






There ALWAYS is one that doesn't want to upload correctly...

This is my favorite photo that I have taken so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment