Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First night (morning)

I have never blogged before.
Is that obvious?
I tried to think of a creative name; tried to make the page easy on the eyes; perhaps I succeeded.
Perhaps not.

Anyways, this is my first blog post and, as most of you more than likely know, it is also my first night my dorm at the University of Haifa (well, it's morning now, (5am), but who cares for the details..).  The first of almost 365 of them.  Not overwhelming AT ALL  ;)

I was worried about the normal things most people would be, I guess; what if no one likes me?
That fear ended right away.

As a welcome thing, they took us all out to a bar in Haifa to break the ice.

Enough said; we all got along just fine!

Now, after tossing and turning on a bed that I so desperately wished was just a bit softer, in a room that could be at least 20 degrees cooler, I am sitting at my desk typing and looking out at the amazing view of Haifa at night.  I will say, the view from my dorm is pretty spectacular. 

The photo does NOT do the view any justice (my camera doesn't take the best night shots...) but that's the gist of it.

Impressed?

I certainly was.

With everything.  The people, the food, the campus, the life I've been given the opportunity to live for the next 11 months.

With that, I bid you goodbye for I will try to get another hour or two of sleep before I get up for the start of the Ulpan (intensive Hebrew course).

See ya

(btw- the time that it says I posted this remains US central time I believe; I will try to change that to show the time here in Israel)

2 comments:

  1. Emily, you have done a very fine blog. The view is gorgeous and I will be excited to hear your experiences. Write honestly and it will always be engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so happy you are going to blog! It will be a fun way to stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete